Singapore, Singapore

The international Global saver shipping program offered by Amazon is ***. They use Aramex - a company that has poor reputation worldwide.

Read the number of reviews on Aramex on the internet and no one reputable would want to be associated with them. Yet Amazon uses them. My package was supposed to be delivered on 10 Oct 2015. but apparently, the delivery truck broke down.

Checked the status on 12 October 2015, it said 'Attempted Delivery - No One Home / Unable to Contact' @ 10/12/2015 7:15:00 AM. I called their customer service and inquired about it because I was up at 6.30am with my kids, and there is no way on earth we would have missed the delivery. But what is suspicious is they tried delivering at 7.15am?? Most companies don't start before 8.30am.

The customer service lady put me on hold for 5 seconds, came back and told me that the delivery guy made the attempt on 11 Oct and not 12 Oct. I asked Aramex "11 Oct is a sunday. I didn't know you guys work on Sundays. not even Fedex does." I was told that some of the delivery guys do.

I replied " well, I was home on 11 Oct too and I wake up at 6.30 every morning so there is no reason the delivery guy should miss me". She went "er...". I suspect they are nothing but a bunch of lies.

Oh, and another thing, their customer service do not introduce themselves automatically unlike other companies. They pickup the phone and say "good afternoon, Aramex" that is it.

when I asked for their names, there is usually a bit of hesitation. I wonder if they are providing their real names.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: get your act together.

Comments