Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

I have a shipment arriving from US under Tracking ID 1761473136. The shipment was meant to be a 5-7 day service.

Apparently, it landed in Mumbai, India on 26/Dec/17 and I get an email on 28/Dec/17 requesting KYC documents. However, no URL or instructions are mentioned on how (and where) to submit the KYC. I follow up with them on phone and they share a bunch of email ids that I have to mail, with the KYC attachments - ALL_India_Contact_Center_Inbound@aramex.com and ALL_India_Customer_Service_KYC@aramex.com. They are specific on how the subject line must be mentioned to be compatible with their process flow (WTF?!).

Anyways, I submit the KYC on 30/Dec/17. After numerous emails and followups and phone calls, I get a confirmation on 1/Jan/18 that the KYC has now been uploaded for the shipment and I am assured that the delivery will be done in 48 hrs. This is where the lethargy begins. Today is 9/Jan/18 and I still **havent** received the shipment.

Despite multiple emails, no one is giving me a clear reason for the delay or the ETA for that matter. I manage to get them on phone once, however, and I am told that 'the customs has caught one gold shipment and so all the other shipments have been blocked until further notice.' WTF again? Everytime I send an email, i get a response "We have received your request and has been forwarded to the concerned department." WTF? Who the *** is this 'concerned department' and why the heck arent they sharing the contact details directly?

Finally, I ask for an escalation id but alas ! no response there as well. The service level is much below average with a bunch of laid back individuals managing the operations. No control whatsoever.

That leaves us customers frsutrated, wondering what the *** is happening. If I were to rate them it would have to be a certain 1-star. Nothing above that. If these guys know that KYC is required for every shipment, why isnt that mentioned in the same email.

Why should we follow up with them to know hows and wheres? Why isnt there an escalation channel that customers can access? Apparently the higher authorities never have a way to know about this lethargic bunch. Finally, can someone in this damn service provider let me know exactly how long will the delay be?

Its been in the "Custom clearance delay" since 26/Dec/17 (about 2 weeks now) with no further information. After having paid for the faster service than that, if it takes 20 days to deliver, it makes no bloody sense. If I were to rate them it would have to be a certain 1-star.

Nothing above that. I dont see them as a reliable service provider.

Review about: Aramex Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Lethargic customer service, Lack of response, No clear information, No escalation channel, No follow up.

Comments