5810 Ambler Drive #14, Mississauga, ON L4W 4J5, Canada
1.4

According to Aramex's tracking information, my package arrived in Canada on January 23. It was in process, and then quickly put "on hold" that same day.

I called Aramex's associate, Tiffany, in Ontario 3 times; on the 26, 27 and 30th of January. I heard nothing back. When Tiffany finally called on January 31, it was only after she had been contacted by her colleagues in Jordan - and only then after the shipper had also reached out to the company. On January 31st, when I asked what happened with the package between the 23rd and 31st of January, Aramex's Toronto associate gave the excuse that Customs held up all Aramex packages from Jordan until January 30th (initially she said "all packages from Jordan", but when questioned she qualified her comment to "Amarex deliveries from Jordan".

I have called Canada Customs and they are not able corroborate this story. Customs explained that the process is simple: the broker needs to pick up the package, pay the associated fees, and confirm payment with a customs agent: these are the simple steps that the brokerage fee covers. But the problems with Aramex's service did not end there: once the package was "released", and your Toronto associate finally contacted me, she was not clear on what the instructions were from Jordan office. She gave the excuse that she not been copied on emails from the Jordan office.

She promised to send me an email with details about the package, and she promised the package would be in Vancouver at 9AM this morning: neither thing happened. I have not been able to reach her and have heard nothing from her. I've very concerned about the service provided by Aramex. Not only has the company not communicated professionally about the status of the package, the handling of the package by the firm has been questionable and the follow through, once the package was "released" by Customs has been, frankly, abysmal.

Never have I had such terrible service from a courier company! At this point, I'm not sure that I'll ever receive the package.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aramex Delivery Service.

Comments